Random writings and photographs from an aviation photographer and airplane geek.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Off-season blues

Between mid January and the end of March is my "off-season". There are a couple of shows this weekend at El Centro and in Yuma, but those are a 4+ hour drive for me, probably more. So I have 2 more weeks until the next show in Riverside and I am looking forward to it, and the rest of the year. I am a bit disappointed that Point Mugu is not having a show this year,but understand that operational issues have to come first. Point Mugu, when the weather is good, produces some stunning opportunities. Where else will you see a Raptor throwing vapor like this:



And even the A-10 throws vapor at Pt. Mugu!



But the good news is that the Edwards show is on again in October after three years. The show at Edwards is always a cool one. The lighting is a challenge with the sun in your face for a lot of the day, but the fact that you are at Edwards, and the lineup is always exciting. Edwards in 2006 was my first glimpse of the F-22 Raptor. I was duly impressed! Opportunities like these are at Edwards:







I have some cool air-to-air stuff coming up for the next couple of months as well and am looking forward to it. It's been a while since I went flying and I can't wait to get "up there" again. May and June are going to be real busy.

As a heads up, I have a photo that will be on the cover of a museum directory, coming out in May. More details when it comes out. You can always hit my website for the latest photos, and shots from most of the events of the last 3 years. My website is at http://www.vg-photo.com.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have been a network engineer for about 20 years. I started an aviation photography business in 2005 and have been spending a lot of time flying and shooting pictures this year. I'm getting to fly in and take photos of some historic aircraft. I live in Southern California with my wife of 10+ years and 2 children.

Followers